Heritage of Nusantara is a specific journal dedicated for the studies in the field of religious studies (both contemporary and classical) particularly in the field of Religious Literatures, Cultures, and Heritage in Nusantara and beyond.
Heritage of Nusantara is a peer-reviewed journal using bilingual (English and Arabic). The aim of the journal, in general, is to introduce the wealth of the Heritage of Nusantara and specifically to show its relations and contributions to world heritage through the publication of relevant research papers, articles, and book reviews. It is intended to provide readers worldwide with a better and broader outlook and understanding of the archipelago’s heritage. This journal also offers a wide variety of analyses on how to preserve and develop the wealth of the Heritage of Nusantara.
Therefore, the Journal welcomes papers from scholars and experts worldwide from all disciplines of humanities, social sciences and religious studies related to the purpose of the Journal.
The journal requires the submitted article to be original and based on academic works (academic writing and research). never been published in any journal or is not being reviewed for possible publication at a certain time in another journal. All the submitted articles are reviewed by commissioning and executive editors, editorial board as well as blind reviewers appointed by the journal. Any articles that do not meet the guidelines and requirements are not considered.
The number of words of the submitted article is between 6.000 to 10.000 words. References, tables, figures, appendices and notes are included in the total number of those words. As for the abstract, it must not exceed 250 words with 3-5 keywords. Articles with quotations and passages from local or foreign languages should be translated into English. Electronic submissions are welcome and should be sent by email to the journal.
The technical writing of the Journal is as follows:
- Title is to be specific and clear.
- Title should reflect the problem, illustrating the gap between Das Sein (reality) and Das sollen (Ideal). The relations between two variables that can be questioned, should be reflected in the title. For example: Islamic Education and the Development of Islamic Preaching in Indonesia. It means that Islamic education has a close relationship with the development of Islamic preaching in Indonesia. In this case, if Islamic education is not good, it will have an impact on the development of Islamic preaching in Indonesia. The reality (Das sein) is that Islamic education is still far from expected. Whereas das sollen or the ideal one is the condition that should be achieved. This main title is still broad but has a specific character. However, to make it more specific and focused, the case should be mentioned in the sub-title for example: Islamic education and the Development of Islamic Preaching in Indonesia (Learning or Tracing the teachings Method in Islamic Education from the manuscript of Tahzibul Akhlak of Ibn Miskawayh). The specific sub-title will explain, why it is important to trace the method of teaching through this manuscript in relation to the Islamic education at the present time which is considered to be backed down in order to get the ideal one namely the development of Islamic preaching in Indonesia.
Name of writer
Name of writer should be put under the title with his or her affiliation and email address.
Abstract is a summary of the paper consisting of background, purpose, method, theoretical foundation if any, finding and conclusion. The abstract must be in accordance with the content of the paper/writing. The abstract should be translated into Indonesian Language and should not exceed 250 words. The abstract should also have keywords.
- Introduction gives a brief description of the research background supported by accurate data. In this section, data represents empirical findings or facts.
- Introduction describes research questions and explains the significance of the writing in relation to previous writing or research. In this part, the writer should explain the position of his or her writing against or with the previous writings
- Introduction explains the significance of theory and method used in the writing. The writer can choose to explain both from deductive to inductive or vice versa.
- The writer should use Logic of language as the conjunction of the writing in order to make coherence of writing.
The writer should write, explain, and summarize concisely the previous studies related to the topic of his or her article and explain the position of his or her writing among those writings.
- The writer should explain clearly the method being used in the writing/paper/research.
- The writer should explain the paradigm of the study and its significance with the problem being analysed.
- The writer should explain the approach being used in the writing for example historical approach, philological approach, sociological approach and so on plus its significance in the analysis.
Result and Discussion
- The writer should describe the findings (the problems) based on the accurate data and its impact on the study. In this section, the writer should describe the data without analysis but with accurate data.
- Display the Tables and pictures if any.
- The writer should state his or her findings clearly and explain the significance of the result with the study.
- The writer is to explain the relations of the findings with the research question(s)
- The writer is to explain limitation of the study in order to focus on the study
- The writer is free to choose the explanation or discussion from general to specific or vice versa (deductive to inductive or vice versa).
- The writer is to give a sub-title in order to make his or her discussion has a logical structure. The aim is that the findings can be discussed cohesively and can be analysed in-depth systematically and accurately
- The writer is to pay great attention to conjunction as logical language in the writing, which relates one idea to another to be understandable.
Conclusion explains in brief and accurate the relevance of many related variables in the study to come to a good conclusion as the last step of the writing.
Acknowledgment can be written (if any) to show that in the process of writing, the writer has been helped by some people. It is also ethical practices in writing to acknowledge people services in the study such as conducting in-depth interviews, doing observation, and gathering information.
If there is an additional note from the author that should be explained further outside of the main text, it should be written in this space.
References should be mentioned in the in-text citation with total references minimum 30 following APA guidelines.
Please use Reference Manager Applications like EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, etc.
Bentley, M., Peerenboom, C. A., Hodge, F. W., Passano, E. B., Warren, H. C., & Washburn, M. F. (1929). Instructions in regard to preparation of manuscript. Psychological Bulletin, 26(2), 57–63. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0071487
Skillin, M. E., & Gay, R. M. (1974). Words into type (3rd ed. rev.). Prentice Hall.